|a pretty a day is here and away|

Documenting life's beauty, as seen through the eyes of a lady blessed with everything a girl could dream of, and more: five gorgeous kids, patient and providing husband, an adorable dog, a very cheeky frog, and still time enough to get crafty and creative in the kitchen or with my trusty needles, thread and yarn!
The joys of being Queen of the household! Rejoice, and the world joins in!

Friday, July 30, 2010

Thoughts and a Pretty Lil Thing



These are trying times, my friends, but I know that when I look back on these days someday in the future, we'll just laugh this off as just another one of those silly things that life throws at us every now and then.

The atmosphere at O.A.R. isn't as it used to be. The staircase where once the pitter-patter of little feet could be heard has been reduced to emptiness. People and friends have moved out, or moved away, or moved on.

Still, I will always remember the good old days with the games, fun, and lighthearted afternoon jokes.

Then again, when one door closes, another opens, and I've found such joy and fun in my own little corner of the world here at Westwood. Where once I had my little-girl friends and fancies, now I have my kiddos!

As always, Kipling puts it best. (The wise man, not the bag brand ;) although BOTH have their ways of keeping me sane!)

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise...

Then you'll have lived the best way you can.

Keeping my head,
Yol

Here's another version of Secret Garden (a whole different one from the one above!)






Be merry, my friends! FOR IN GREATER AND HAPPIER NEWS (now that the pensive mood is over), MY LIL'EST DAUGHTER KIMMY DARLING IS IN THE NEWSPAPERS!!!

Flip on over to Page C8 my friends! C8! GET YOUR COPIES TODAY!

If you ain't in the country, here ya go! Lookie here!

PRETTY OF THE DAY: KIMMY!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...